Moving to Northpointe Tomball?
Texas is a big place. If you’re moving from out of state you might have some adjustments to make here. If life has brought you to the Houston area, in particular Northpointe Tomball, let us share a few insights.
Preparing to Move to Northpointe Tomball
- Be prepared for the weather here. August is typically the warmest month with an average high of 95 degrees and an average low of 75 degrees. Tomball gets an average of 48 inches of rain per year. That’s certainly higher than the national average of about 30 inches.
- Picking out a school for your kids? Tomball Independent School District has 10 elementary schools, 3 intermediate or junior high schools, 2 high schools, and an alternative education center to choose from.
- Once you arrive in Texas, you’ll need to take your vehicle to be inspected. You get 30 days to take care of this, but why not get it out of the way right off the bat? You can get information about how to take care of that here.
- Just like any other move out of state you’ll need a new Driver’s License here in Texas. You can find a list of locations to take care of that here. The closest Driver’s License office to Northpointe Tomball is the Houston – North Driver License Center but you can visit any office.
- You may also want to register to vote once you get to Texas. You can do it at the same time as when you get your license, or if you want, you can just download a form online. If you want to vote you’ll need to register at least 30 days before any upcoming election.
Moving can definitely be challenging, but hopefully this guide will take out a little of the initial guess work. These five steps should help get you started. If you need storage during your move, or once you get here our Northpointe Tomball location should be perfect for you. Feel free to come visit us when you get to town!