- Wash the furniture thoroughly. Dirt and mold holds moisture, which causes decay.
- Scrub well with soapy water before storage and allow to dry thoroughly.
- If possible, remove cushions and store indoors.
- Ensure cushions are also washed and dried if not removable.
- Store under cover in a shed or garage, or use a waterproof cover.
- Leave an opening underneath to allow moisture to escape.
- Store with feet on wood, brick or stone, as grass and dirt transfer moisture and cause decay.
- Looking after your furniture gives it a longer life, for more enjoyment in the summer.
For more storage tips visit our tips page https://www.storagewest.com/storage-tips/