Now that it’s officially autumn, it’s time to plan those “fall cleaning” tasks to get you ready for winter. Most of these involve being outdoors, so watch your weather forecast and take advantage of the last warm days of the year. Be sure to dress for the occasion. We don’t want flu season to get the best of you.
Here are a few tasks that you should consider adding to your “to do” list — and a few videos to show you how to tackle some of them.
- clean your gutters (see video below)
- store patio furniture — consider renting a storage unit if there isn’t room in your garage
- switch out your summer wardrobe with fall/winter clothes
- winterize your car or truck
- clean your grill (see video below)
Once you tackle these projects you’ll be ready to just watch the leaves turn and spend the rest of the season relaxing. Before you know it it’ll be winter. Depending on where you live snow might be falling and you’ll have a whole new set of tasks to get done. Along with weather preparations there will also be holiday prep work to do as well. Don’t delay! Get started now!