Disneyland is shining a spotlight on its most famous couple in 2019, and that makes Mickey and Minnie Mouse the focus of the park’s upcoming Valentine’s Day celebrations as well.
January marked the start of Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration. It also coincides with Valentine’s Day, so it stands to reason that the Anaheim attraction, which draws residents from nearby Santa Ana as well, would put Mickey and Minnie at the heart – pun intended – of their celebration.
Get Your Ears On
Get Your Ears On is a celebration of Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Disneyland’s most iconic duo, who have graced the park with their presence for 90 years. The celebration will include:
- A special new show, Mickey’s Mix Magic, which features a light display and EDM-remixes of some of Disney’s most famous songs
- The return of the famous Mickey’s Soundsational Parade
- Special Get Your Ears On merchandise
- Special foods and treats designed for the event
Some of the special foods being featured for the event include:
- Celebration Cake, which mimics the appearance of the floats in Mickey’s Soundsational Parade and features layers of lemon mousse and raspberry jam
- Cookies and Cream Brownie
- Sharing Your Ears Cheeseburger, which features a large cheeseburger with two smaller cheeseburger “ears” on top, ideal for sharing
- The Hot Diggity Dog, a hot dog with macaroni and cheese and bacon on top
The merchandise designed for Get Your Ears On includes new ear hats, tee shirts, socks, and a glowing Mickey Wand with spinning ears.
Valentine’s Day with Mickey and Minnie
With Valentine’s Day rapidly approaching, you might be wondering what Disney has in store. Residents of Anaheim and nearby Santa Ana will be able to enjoy Mickey and Minnie-themed Valentine’s decorations featuring hearts, flowers, and – of course – mouse ears.
Although Disneyland is already bursting with fun new foods for Put Your Ears On, they haven’t held back when it comes to introducing some love-inspired treats for the holiday. Here are a few of the (mostly sweet) highlights:
- Cherry Mousse Dessert, which has dark chocolate ganache and chocolate crunch with red velvet spray, gold dust, and mini heart sprinkles
- Sweetheart Donut Sundae, a warm glazed donut topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry
- Molcajete Platter, with carne asada, chorizo, shrimp, serrano, nopales (cactus), cebollitas, and Oaxaca cheese, served with salsa roja and warm tortillas
- Burning Love Valentine’s Churro, which is a churro coated with sweet and spicy red sugar and “double-the-love” cream cheese frosting.
The Valentine’s Day goings-on will also feature Sweethearts’ Nite, a Disneyland After Dark celebration on February 7th. If you attend, you can expect love-song themed dance parties, photo opportunities featuring romantic scenes from Disney films, and plenty of sweetheart-themed décor, food, beverages, and merchandise.
You’ll also be able to meet iconic Disney couples, including Mickey and Minnie, Jasmine and Aladdin, and Rapunzel and Eugene. All attendees will get unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital downloads of any photos taken during the event.
Love is in the air at Disneyland! Residents of Anaheim, Santa Ana, and visitors from afar can all celebrate Mickey and Minnie’s love story, and enjoy the romance of Valentine’s Day, in the coming weeks. Learn more about this area from our Santa Ana relocation guide and facility blog.
Here’s a video from Inside the Magic displaying all the exciting new foods Disneyland is offering for this celebration: